Approaching the end of the project “Animal therapy inclusion of abused children social rehabilitation” (contract no. 2012.EEZ / PP / 1 / MAC / 153/034).
Results of the projects:
- By participating specialists of the reittherapy, kanistherapy and specialists from 3 Crisis Center was prepared rehabilitation program for abused children to integrate pedagogic riding / reittherapy kanistherapy and social rehabilitation process.
- There was organized the 4-day fact-finding trip to the project partner EKJ Riding school and pet Park AS (Norway) at Tursons Falk Sissel (Sissel Thorson Falch), to step up acquisition of reittherapy method. During the mission were visited organizations that work with victims of violence;
- There was arranged the seminar for the social rehabilitation service providers to victims of violence – a crisis center experts / 2 days /. The seminar was attended by 17 specialists from the “Centre Valdardze” crisis center for families with children “Paspārne” Talsi Crisis Centre. Specialists mastered the basics about kanisterapy and reittherapy to understand new methods and opportunities for the integration of social rehabilitation process.
- There were organized informative seminars for the project started in Kurzeme and Vidzeme, in which were invited social workers from local governments, the Orphan’s Court and other professionals who work with victims of violence and their children placed in crisis centers. It was presented the project, its intended activities. Seminars were essential for the emergence of the same understanding of what is kanisterapiyand reittherapy and what are opportunities working with this method. Specialists were available in a variety of informative materials.
- Social rehabilitation services received … .. abused children. Activity continues.
- It was published an informative practical material, calendar of year 2015 with illustrations of children who received social rehabilitation services. There was included ithe information about the project in the material.
- There were arranged the project closing seminar in Vidzeme, which invited social workers from local governments, the Orphan’s Court and other professionals who work with victims of violence, to introduced with unique practices, including kanistherapiy and reittherapy abused children in social rehabilitation. It was presented the project and its results. Closing seminar for specialists from Kurzeme will take place in 28/12/2015 .
Project implementation time, 2014 January 1 – December 31, 2015. Project is implemented by “Centre Valdardze ”, partners in the crisis center for families with children” Paspārne “,Talsi Crisis Centre, the EKJ Riding school and pet Park AS (Norway). The project is financially supported by Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein. The total project cost of 102 841.05 euros. 95% of the grant of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism and 5% of the Latvian state budget.